Sunday, August 21, 2011

Waffles w/ Banana

Sunday mornings growing up for me was my dad making waffles, didn't matter if it was Christmas morning or the morning after a concert. Even now when I go home to visit - he still makes waffles. So of course in my house I've continued the tradition (not as often as my son would like). But I make mine vegan and usually wheat free. There are so many great mixes out there these days that you can find your favorite at the local store. I  use egg replacer in place of egg, I also try to use less oil and add some flax meal in place of it. Soy milk is my favorite to use because it's creamy in place of milk. Earth Balance, fresh fruit and Local Maple syrup are the toppings of choice around here. Yay for traditions that are yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment