Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Raw Cacao Balls

Staying on the 'Healthy' kick for January I wanted to do my favorite snack. Now if anyone knows me at all they know that I love chocolate. Lately I've found something way better than the basic candy bars and cookies. These Raw Cacao Balls - now I have to credit Sarah H. for introducing these amazing (addicting) treats which I have put my own spin on. I make these and keep them in my fridge and snack on them often without any guilt. They are raw and wheat free, so they fit into a category of nutritional bars etc. Here goes: with a Cuisinart grind up 1/2 c dried coconut flakes. Set aside. Then 1/2 c of almonds or pecans, grind into a flour. Put coconut flour back in, add 1 1/2 c of Raw Agave Nectar, 1 1/2 c Raw Cacao powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cardamon, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla & 3 T Coconut Oil. Blend well, then using a spatula remove from Cuisinart and put into a mixing bowl. Now here's the hard part - since you don't want to break the Cuisinart....add 1c millet flour and mix with your hand, squeezing the dough through your fingers mixing until its dark & smooth. Now you can add chopped nuts if you want or switch out the millet flour for Vega Smoothie Infusion to give it more nutrients. Wash hands, add about 1 c dried coconut in a separate bowl, and using a melon baller, scoop out  dough and roll each ball between your hands and when your done toss into the coconut - coating well and set on tray. Once you roll all the balls - stick tray into fridge overnight to chill and harden. Now enjoy...I know I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment