Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie

I had posted on facebook that I was making these and was bombarded with requests for deliveries and a recipe. Since I live far away enough that a delivery of warm cookies is impossible I guess you all will have to settle on the recipe instead. There are many 'alternatives' to baking items so I'm adding other substitutes for things. So to start you will need a bag of vegan chocolate chips, I like the tiny ones by Enjoy Life. And you will need 1 c of macadamia nuts preferably non-salted and chop them just enough to make them chunky. OK to start 1 c shortening or earth balance (if you do the EB then don't add extra salt) 1 c brown sugar (or maple sugar) 1/2 c sugar (or xylotal which comes from birch trees - low glycemic) 2 egg replacer (or 3 T flax meal soaked in 1/2 c water) 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 1/2 c flour, 3 c quick oats. Mix wet ingredients then add dry stuff the oats last. Then add your chocolate chips and nuts. Bake 350* for 10 min. Makes 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment