Thursday, October 6, 2011

Roasted Beet Spread

Since I have a slight addiction going I thought it best to share it with all of you....When I make this i cannot stop eating it (thanks to Kathy S.) and so as I elbow everyone out of the way it's not personal. Roasted Beet Spread...take 1 bunch of beets (cut off greens wash & steam them and eat them for dinner) take the beets and wash them then cut up into cubes, place in glass baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of Celtic sea salt, toss & bake in oven until tender...about 35-40 min. Then put into a Cuisinart with 1/2 c walnuts, 1 clove of garlic, a piece of stale bread broken up (I use gf bread) then add 1/4 c olive oil, 2 T balsamic vinegar and 1 T maple syrup. Blend until smooth. Enjoy with crackers or toast (I used Red Thai Rice crackers). Can last in fridge for well over a week unless I'm visiting.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment