Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fresh Spring Roll w/ Peanut Sauce

Spring rolls are great anytime...lunch, appetizer, dinner, snack, whenever! You can fill them with just about anything. I like using napa cabbage, cilantro, carrots, avocado...well just about anything. The trick I have found that works best is to have a wet dish towel laid flat on your counter to make your wraps on and to soak your rice paper wraps in a large bowl of hot water (not scalding) until soft.
Peanut sauce is great as a dip for them. I use crunchy peanut butter with fresh ginger and garlic, some lime juice and agave, adding water to whisk into a creamy consistency and some chili pepper is always nice unless your serving kids.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like something to try soon. I already have the rice paper wraps and the cabbage. We dont eat peanuts though. Perhaps tahini topping or a cashew butter will work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done it with Almond & Cashew butters, my son has a peanut allergy. Tahini would only need a sweetener like agave since it can be dense or bitter. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete